Log in to view frameworks
Forgotten your password?
Log in to our online catalogue
Visit the catalogue website
Do you need to register?
Apply online here
Apply for a MyESPO account now to gain access to 25,000 catalogue products and 120 frameworks
Click here to access our online product catalogue
Jobs at ESPO:
Find out about our latest vacancies
ESPO are seeking to appoint an Energy Trading & Risk Manager to join our Energy procurement team. The team is responsible for a portfolio covering Mains Gas, Electricity & Liquid Fuels some experience within some or all of these markets is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to develop, manage, co-ordinate and review the performance the energy trading team in order to deliver business objectives and outcomes in wholesale energy trading through interpreting, undertaking and facilitating the requirements of customers and suppliers.
This is a pivotal role in the management of customers’ gas and electricity portfolios worth £145m per annum
• Degree ideally in Maths, Physics, Economics or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience in the Energy industry and or commodity Trading field.
• Experience of Interpreting results and executing trades in line with the Risk strategy to fulfil the necessary energy requirements of a large energy portfolio.
• Experience of key decision making within the Energy commodity trading arena to anticipate future market patterns.
• Experience of analysing complex market data sets, reports, feedback and trends etc and the ability to develop a Risk Strategy based on this knowledge.
• Experience of Influencing a range of stakeholders, customers and suppliers to achieve results.
• Proven track record of managing workloads to meet deadlines – a key aspect of managing the Energy Trading portfolio.
• Experience of managing and mentoring colleagues to ensure that their knowledge and experience evolve to a stage where they are able to actively take part in decision making.
• Detailed knowledge required of Energy trading techniques within the energy market sector.
• Thorough understanding of risk management & implementation of bespoke flexible strategies for clients with varying risk/reward strategies.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
Please press the 'Apply for this job' button to visit the East Midlands Shared Services website where you can download the full job description and apply for this role online.
For informal enquires about this role, please contact Andrew Stanford
on 0116 294 4043 or
via email email@example.com
Back to Careers
£35,025 - £38,631
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1ES
Full Time , Hours per week - 37
24 Jan 2019
Apply for this job