ESPO is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ESPO may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 / 12 / 2011.
Online Data Collection:
If you choose to complete one of our online data collection forms, (e.g. one of our customer registration forms and/or the contact us form) and you agree to the terms & conditions and sumbit this data to us; you can be confident that we shall only use this data in the following ways;
- For our own internal record keeping.
- To better assess / respond to a query raised online via e-mail or our contact form. Note: We may request further information from you in order to provide you with the most accurate answer possible. In such cases, we will always be upfront and explain our reasoning behind the request for more information.
- To clarify certain details. In some cases information submitted to us may be ambigous, not make sense or simply have been miss-typed. If we believe this to be the case; we will use any contact details you have submitted to us to contact you and ask for further clarification. Again, we we will always be upfront and explain our reasoning behind the request for clarification.
- For internal analytical purposes; with the ultimate goal of improving our products and services for our customers.
- In situations were-by customers have requested products or services which are supplied directly from our (third-party) suppliers; only with your permission will we pass your relevant details on to them (e.g delivery details).
- We may periodically send promotional material either by post or e-mailabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. Where e-mail is concerned, you will have the option 'opt-out' or reduce the volume of e-mail you receive from us at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
ESPO will never:
- Share your details with third-parties whom are not listed as approved suppliers by ESPO.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Allow third parties access to the back-end administration area of this website, without exprees permission.
- Ask you to enter details relating your bank accounts, credit cards or any other methods payment via our website. If you do come across a website that appears to have ESPO's branding and is asking for your bank/payment details, please report it to us immediatley and DO NOT enter your details.
- Be forceful in the way in which we request information from you. There are certain details which we must have from you in order to register you as a customer, but we will never force you to give these details up. If you choose not to provide us with these details, then you must accept that you cannot be registered as an ESPO customer.
This website uses a statistical analytics tool called 'Google Analytics'. Using statistical analytics tools such as this helps us to anonymously identify how our website is being used by our visitors; we can then use this information to make decisions on how we can improve the usability of our site. Ultimately leading to a better experience for our visitors.
The code behind the Google Analytics tool is owned and maintained by Google Inc.
Google Analytics uses 'cookies', which are text files placed and stored on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for YPO.
Google Analytics does not track or store any personally identifiable information of this site's visitors nor does it allow any third party to use collected data for this purpose. No data gathered from the site will be associated with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tools. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Either ESPO or Google will not link IP addresses with the identity of the computer user.
To find out more about Google Analytics and the information we receive from it please visit <link> or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To find out about other cookies that ESPO uses and how we use them; please visit our cookies information page.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the tick-box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.